The Fairview Independent School District is excited to announce recent approval received for our participation in a 2 million dollar guaranteed energy savings project. The Fairview Board of Education, along with school district staff, have worked on seeking approval of this project for many months as it will allow us to replace old, inefficient equipment with new, energy-efficient equipment that will result in dramatic energy cost savings. Energy savings included in this project will allow more effective use of our financial resources in future spending.
The scope of work includes the following:
- Roof Mount Solar Paneling installed at Fairview Middle/High School
- Baseball and Softball Field Lighting (In addition to lighting, additional positive changes to our athletic complex are under consideration but plans have not finalized as of this announcement).
- HVAC Controls System Upgrades
- Building Weatherization Improvements
- Telecommunications Audit and Procurement
- Interior and Exterior Lighting Improvements
The work will begin within the next couple of months and will continue through the remainder of year with an anticipated final completion of the project no later than the spring of 2022.
This project is a guaranteed energy savings project resulting in an overall cost savings that will cover the cost of the project and allow maximum use of the district's financial resources now and in the future while improving current facilities for our students.