January 7, 2021,
Valued Parents and Families,
In the most recent announcements from the district on December 17, 2020 and January 6, 2021, we communicated adjustments to planning for in-person instruction as a result of the Governor’s most recent Executive Order issued December 18, 2020 and revisions to state level guidance document revisions impacting our 2 Hour Daily Plan. The executive order can be found here: https://education.ky.gov/comm/Documents/2020.1041%20EO%20Schools.pdf
As new information develops regarding COVID-19 and the transmission of the virus, it is in the best interest of #TeamFairview that we return to in-person instruction and continue to implement the many mitigating measures including face coverings, physical distancing, and the frequent cleaning of surfaces, to keep everyone safe and healthy in preventing the spread of the virus at school.
Our goal has been and continues to be the return to full-time in-person instruction as soon as possible. Until we are able to do so, we will be operating under the hybrid model described within this letter. As we’ve planned since March, we’ve been committed to only making changes to plans when required to do so. Changes to the hybrid model that will be in place starting January 12, 2021 will only take place due to the following: 1) A new executive order is issued, 2) KDE or KDPH guidance changes, 3) Concern with staffing availability due to required quarantine, 4) Opportunity for an increase in the amount of in-person instruction for students.
The following applies to students K-12. Preschool teachers will communicate information to our preschool families.
- Students will participate in asynchronous learning when they are not in attendance on in-person instruction days.
- Students previously in Option 1 &2, 2 Hour AM Sessions - Will attend full day in-person on Wednesday and Friday. Students previously in Option 1 & 2, 2 Hour PM Sessions - Will attend full day in-person on Tuesday and Thursday. Students previously in Option 6 - Will attend in-person on the exact same evening schedule they did previously. Students previously in Option 7 – Will continue virtual instruction only.
- January 12, 2021 thru February 12, 2021 – Students will not attend school on Mondays with days added to the calendar at the end of the year. The last day for students will be June 10, 2021
Updated Calendar: https://www.fairview.kyschools.us/userfiles/990/my%20files/calendars/amended%20calendar%202020%20-2021.png?id=12037
- Inclement weather days resulting in school cancellation will be NTI days in an effort to maintain the June 10, 2021 last day for students. In the event that school is cancelled due to inclement weather, the announcement will come from the district as it has previously.
- Students are automatically enrolled in the option in which they were enrolled on our last day of in person Instruction on 11/13/20. Please complete the NEW Schedule Option Change Form ONLY if you are requesting to change the schedule option for your child. If you are requesting a schedule option for more than one child, please complete the form for each child. On time Submission Before 4:00 PM on Saturday, 1/9/21 - If you submit this form before 4:00 PM on Saturday, 1/9/21, your child will be automatically approved and placed in the schedule option you request and it will not be necessary for school district staff to follow-up with you to confirm approval of the change. Late Submission After 4:00 PM on Saturday, 1/9/21 - If you submit this form after 4:00 PM on Saturday, 1/9/21, school district staff will follow-up with you regarding approval of your request and approval is not automatic. Your child must attend based on their enrollment on 11/13/20 when we return on 1/12/21 if you have not received contact from school district staff. The new schedule option change form can be found here: https://forms.gle/yYWAEhGFLFjPKRbF8
Please review additional detailed information for Fairview Elementary and Fairview Middle/High School in the following links:
Fairview Elementary - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TfyjzsuLAaW9YNSmXLk9ltOMEIqPAxI4A1ugBIyPKmU/edit?usp=sharing
Fairview Middle/High School –
If you have questions or concerns, we want to answer those for you. Please submit the following one question form and your question/concern will be sent to district and school administration. This form will be available to submit questions/concerns through the end of the day Monday, January 11, 2021.
On behalf of everyone in the Fairview Independent School District, Thank YOU for your teamwork, flexibility, and understanding during these challenging times. You continued commitment to #TeamFairview allows for us all to continue to give our best in everything we do.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Helen Keller