Hello. My name is Susan Napier, and I teach Preschool here at Fairview Elementary School! This is my second year teaching at Fairview, and I absolutely love it! I worked for three years at Dawson Bryant Preschool in Ohio. I graduated from Ohio University Southern Campus in June 2010 with my Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood. In the fall/early winter, I will begin working on my Master's Degree. I have been married to my husband Brad for 14 years now. We have an amazing twelve year old daughter named Olivia. We also have our precious Yorkie Bella, and a cat named Juicy. My hobbies include spending time with family, reading, watching Kentucky basketball, and watching movies.
In Preschool, we focus on many "hands on" developmentally appropriate learning activities and becoming kindergarten ready.
The five domains of school readiness are:
- Promote physical well-being and motor development
- Social and emotional development
- Approaches toward learning
- Language development (including emergent literacy)
- Cognition and general knowledge (including mathematics and science)
Some of the things we work on are:
- Social skills and making friends
- Fostering Independence
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Activities that promote self regulation
- Early Literacy, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies Concepts
Please feel free to come to me with any concerns or questions that you may have. I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and have an amazing year!!
"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning". -Mr. Rogers