Journeys Unit 2 Lesson 3
1. itch 2. wreck
3. knee 4. patch
5. wrap 6. knot
7. watch 8. knife
9. stretch 10. write
11. knew 12. knock
13. match 14. wrong
15. know 16. Catch
17. numb 18. vanish
19. blizzard 20. process
21. timber 22. suitable
B1. prediction B2. unconscious
Weekly Vocabulary Words
“The Harvest Birds”
1. serious: not playful or silly; not joking
2. patch: a small piece of land
3. borrow: to use something that someone else owns and return it to them later
4. advice: ideas or suggestions about what someone should do
5. ashamed: feeling guilty, sorry, or embarrassed
6. borders: the edges of a place
7. separate: divide into groups
8. harvest: the ripe crops that are gathered
9. nectar: a sweet liquid produced by many flowering plants.
10. process: a number of steps that one takes in order to do or make something.
11. span: a period of time, the distance from one section of a bridge to another.
12. suitable: fit or right for some purpose or event.
13. timber: tree trunks that can be cut into planks or boards.
14. blizzard: a bad snowstorm
15. predicted: to say what you think will happen in the future
16. vanished: disappeared
18. vanished: disappeared
19. unconscious: no awake, fainted
20. numb: not able to feel anything