Applying for Scholarships
- Note the difference between admissions application deadlines and scholarship applications deadlines at colleges and universities.
- Find out if the school you are applying to has a separate scholarship application or if it is included as a part of the admissions application.
- Pay attention to scholarship postings on senior bulletins and the counselor's webpage.
- Work ahead. Secure letters of recommendation early and have someone proofread essays.
- Meet deadlines. Make sure you have all the required materials handed in by the specified deadline.