Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

  • To apply for federal financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible beginning October 1st of their senior year.  For students who are eligible for the PELL Grant, they may also be awarded an additional $1900 KY CAP Grant, but these monies are distributed on a first come, first serve basis. 
  • Everyone needs to fill out the FAFSA.  Even if you think your family will not qualify for assistance, it is a necessary step before you can be eligible for scholarships and student loans.
  • You will need prior year tax returns and bank statements before you begin.  If you do not fill out income tax returns, please contact Ms. Lucas to discuss the situation.
  • When you are ready to fill out the FAFSA, do so at www.fafsa.gov.  This is a free application.  Make sure you go to this site.  Similar sites ask for fees.  The first step is to create an FSA ID for the student and parent/guardian.
  • Keep in mind that these funds can run out, so it is very, very important to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible beginning October 1st!! 

What you will need to complete the FAFSA

  • Your social security number
  • Parents' social security numbers, dates of birth, and their marriage or separation/divorce dates (if applicable)
  • Income tax returns
  • Current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds, and other investments